LumiQuest® flash accessories fit and function properly on a wide variety of flash units.
Here are some generalities:
- Virtually any rectangular flash head which can be rotated 90° to point at the ceiling will work with LumiQuest® accessories.
- Flash units in the direct flash position can be used with the LumiQuest® SoftBoxes or Snoot XTR but not the bounce devices.
- Automatic operation will not be affected and no compensation is necessary when using LumiQuest® accessories* as long as the sensor on the flash is not blocked.
- All LumiQuest® devices* can be used with TTL automatic modes since the light reading is taking place at the film plane.
- LumiQuest® accessories can be used in manual modes with exposure compensation as recommended in literature on that accessory.
- Please note that in some instances, LumiQuest® SoftBoxes do not interfere with exposure sensors but MAY interfere with the auto focus assist beam under low light conditions.* The Snoot XTR's narrow angle of coverage (7° - 10°) does not allow for automatic exposure systems to operate properly. The photographer must test, bracket and/or meter to assure proper exposure.